Subscribe Us

Amy Winehouse's Ex-Husband Blames Himself for Her Death

Marisa Abela Portrays Winehouse in New Biopic

Fielder-Civil Says He Can No Longer Bear the Burden

Blake Fielder-Civil, the ex-husband of Amy Winehouse, has spoken out about her death, saying that he can no longer bear the sole burden for it. In an interview with The Sun, Fielder-Civil said that he has been struggling with guilt and shame since Winehouse died of alcohol poisoning in 2011.

"I can't bear the thought that I contributed to her death," Fielder-Civil said. "I'm not saying I'm responsible for it, but I know I played a part in it. I'm just so sorry for everything that happened."

Fielder-Civil and Winehouse were married from 2007 to 2009. Their relationship was tumultuous, and they both struggled with drug and alcohol addiction. Fielder-Civil has been blamed by some for Winehouse's death, but he has always denied that he was directly responsible.

In the interview, Fielder-Civil said that he has been trying to move on with his life, but that he still thinks about Winehouse every day. He said that he hopes that the new biopic about Winehouse, "Back to Black," will help people to understand her better.

"I think it's a great film," Fielder-Civil said. "It's a very honest portrayal of Amy and her life. I think it will help people to understand her better, and to see that she was a complex and troubled person."


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post